[c-nsp] This Version of Cisco IOS Software is not supported on NPE300

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Mon May 8 17:47:17 EDT 2006

I just loaded 12.4(7a) onto a spare 7206VXR with a NPE-300 in it, and I
get the above message in sh ver. I can't find anything obvious on the
Cisco site indicating if a particular IOS release is supported on a
specific CPU. Does anyone know the current supported IOS on the NPE-300?

I guess the other question is - Does it mean it's not supported, in
that, they won't open TAC cases on it, or that it's going to blow up in
new and wonderful ways? Seems to be working happily so far...

David