[c-nsp] Taking advantage of route-refresh

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Tue May 9 11:34:09 EDT 2006

Brian Johnson wrote:

> Mine indicate...
>
>     Route refresh: advertised and received(old & new)
>
> ...for all of my neighbors, but I have the "soft-reconfiguration inbound"
> configured on all of these neighbors.

May be an IOS version difference or something.  I have soft-in enabled
on two EBGP peers on that router, and see nothing different than my IBGP
neighbors who don't have soft-in.

> If I remove that configuration, what configuration lines do I need to add to
> use the route refresh option? Is it automatic?

It's ready to go; "clear ip b x.x.x.x in" works where it wouldn't if you
didn't have route-refresh capability from the neighbor.

pt