[c-nsp] ROMMON Upgrade on 6513

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Thu May 18 17:12:14 EDT 2006

I think I need to upgrade the ROMMON on my 6513. It's currently
running 12.1(4r)E, which is pretty old, and I'm about to upgrade the
switch to 12.2(18)SXF4. I'm going to be upgrading the MSFC2 DRAM at
the same time, so I figure I might as well make the ROMMON current
while I'm at it.

I was taking a look at the ROMMON upgrade instructions and they say to
start off by doing "show rom-monitor slot 1 rp". When I do that I see
this:

Switch#show rom-monitor slot 1 rp
Region F1: INVALID
Region F2: INVALID
Currently running ROMMON from S (Gold) region

Running the command on my backup supervisor module shows the same
thing. I was expecting to see  "Region F1: APPROVED, preferred". Why
are both regions showing INVALID? And is this a problem?

Thanks,
John