[c-nsp] hwic-4esw + pppoe loc mac addr

Gyebnár Krisztián gyebi at freemail.hu
Mon May 22 08:36:15 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a bad news for you:

No way to do this :-(

Some weeks ago I opened a TAC case how to solve this problem. The response:

"I received from the dev. engineering the confirmation that the HWIC-4ESW
supports only one mac address for all SVIs. There is no way to
configure/assign a different mac address on a particular interface vlan. As
this is a limitation of the hardware, there is no possibility for a future
sw image to support it. I apologize, I guess this is not the answer you
expected."

So, go back to the lab and redesign the solution.

Regards,

Krisztián