[c-nsp] Network Upgrade

Paul Stewart paul at canseek.ca
Tue May 30 15:44:47 EDT 2006

Whoops... that's embarrassing.. sorry about the blank email...

Looking at upgraded our core network.  Currently have a pair of 6500's doing BGP
(Sup2/MSFC2) and edge routing.  Looking to offload the BGP portion onto a GSR,
but at the same time do some firewalling on the 6500's.  This would be hopefully
using IOS FW feature set and basic access-lists.  For low traffic, does this
work ok and/or have a major CPU impact?

The budget doesn't support buying a pair of FW blades... so hoping we can just
do it in software.  Total traffic through each switch is 100 Mb/s maximum to put
it in perspective..

Thanks...

--
This e-mail was brought to you by CanSeek.CA - Canada's Complete Search Engine!
http://www.canseek.ca/