[c-nsp] Serial interface flapping/Automatic shutdown

Wolfgang Roth Wolfgang.Roth at brave.de
Tue May 30 16:10:15 EDT 2006

Is there any possibility to automatically shutdown a flapping serial
interface, e.g. if it goes N times up and down in an interval of I seconds?
Also it would be nice if that interface could be automatically brought up
again after a second interval of J seconds.

I ask, because if an interface flaps rapidly (say every few seconds) and
you use a routing protocol like OSPF the load on the involved routers
increases drastic and the network becomes some kind of unstable.

We're running IOS 12.3 on 7200 series router.

Thank you!