[c-nsp] WS-F6700-DFC3A "Incompatible" Error message

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Wed Nov 1 13:38:28 EST 2006

Take a look at the 122SX release notes:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/122sx/ol_4164.htm#wp2561330

Basically, if you are mixing fwding engine versions, they need to all
be in the chassis when it boots up, & we will run in
lowest-common-denominator mode. If you install a down-rev fwding
engine in a running system, we will deny that module power to prevent
inadvertent loss of functionality due to PFC mode change.

In your case, with a DFC3A in the system, you will not be able to use
all the capabilities of PFC3BXL once you reboot.

Tim

At 09:25 AM 11/1/2006 -0800, Richard J. Sears vociferated:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759