[c-nsp] PA-GE Performance

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Thu Nov 2 12:48:59 EST 2006

Hello,

I am wondering what kind of performance people have seen in the real
world with PA-GE cards in a VXR with NPE-400. I know that the G1 or
G2 are better options, but to feed a smaller POP where I don't want
or need to spend $10k to upgrade the NPE, what performance should I
see? Cisco's site is vague on this point and offers "moderate
performance" Does that mean 200Mbit/s or 500Mbit/s? Any real world
experiences are welcome. Thanks!

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin