[c-nsp] cisco-nsp Digest, Vol 48, Issue 6

Kanagaraj Krishna kanagaraj at aims.com.my
Fri Nov 3 04:33:08 EST 2006

Hi,
    I have an issue with our HSRP setup between 2 Cisco Catalyst 3550 (trunk between them). The IP addresses are configured on the customers vlan interface in the switches. A customer will have 2 different connection to each router.
Whenever we try to reach the customer subnet using traceroute from location A, its ok if the trace got through the active switch. The issue is that, when from location B if the trace takes the standby switch it does not complete " * ". Although a ping from location B is successful. Any idea whats happening?

Regards,
Kana