[c-nsp] MRTG problems with STM-1, STM-4 and GE line cards on GSR

Primoz Jeroncic jp at softnet.si
Fri Nov 3 04:59:44 EST 2006

> > Problem is that based on this graph, link is never over 120Mbps or
> > so. In reality link is around 300-400Mbps (300-400Mbps of input and
> > about same amount of output) and this means constantly between 300
> > to 400Mbps all the way through the day.
> <SNIP>
> > Target[pos60]: 24:xxx at x.x.x.x:
>
> You'll have to start using 64 bit counters as you look to be rolling over on the 32bit counters causing the weirdness!
>
> Simply change your target to look like the following and this should resolve this:
>     Target[pos60]: 24:xxx at x.x.x.x:::::2

Thanks guys for all your replies. Adding :::::2 to targets really
solved this problem. At least for now it looks like this. I didn't
even think on this, so thank you again! :)

Have fun,
Primoz Jeroncic
Support - IP Connectivity & Routing
Softnet d.o.o.  tel:  +386 1 562 31 40   |
Borovec 2       fax:  +386 1 562 18 55   |       1 + 1 = 3
1236 Trzin      primoz(at)softnet.si     | for larger values of 1
Slovenija       http://flea.softnet.si/