[c-nsp] NAT & two routers

matthew zeier mrz at velvet.org
Fri Nov 3 10:28:36 EST 2006

> For dynamic/overload NAT, you can use different address pools on each
> router, but this will not provide any stateful failover functionality.

I suppose that'd work so long as I don't have flapping HSRP sessions or
where I can't guarantee the same next-hop for each packet (for some long
length of time).

> I'm not sure how GLSB fits into this, but I assume that both routers
> will be active and provide translation services for your internal
> networks. You'd need to have dedicated address pools/networks per
> router, so ingress traffic hits the correct device. Again, this does not
> provide any stateful failover.

Next-hop is supposed to load balance across some number of glsb speakers
and this is where the mental block was coming from - if there's no NAT
xlate sync and my next-hop bounces around, I probably couldn't maintain
any connections outbound with PAT at least.