[c-nsp] Feature request

Dale W. Carder dwcarder at doit.wisc.edu
Thu Nov 9 21:13:38 EST 2006

I was wondering if this would be a case where MTR (multi-topology
routing) might be handy.  Just start swinging your edges to use
a different "colored" path to avoid a certain device/path?  That
might give you just enough of an incremental approach?

Not dropping even 1 packet seems to be somewhat orthogonal to
today's dynamic and best effort packet delivery implementations,
but the idea of letting a "flow" continue out is a neat one.

However, it seems more suited for the tdm environment where you
could busy out DS0 channels 1 by 1 as modems hang up, and then
take the concentrator offline.

Dale