[c-nsp] Bridging VLANs together

Jason Greenberg jg at execulink.com
Fri Nov 10 13:57:17 EST 2006

Hello,

We're wanting to provide "TLS" services to our customers.   Usually our
Last Mile to the customer from a specific Carrier on different VLANs.

For example, We might have customer A who has sites 1 and 2.  Sites 1
and 2 will be delivered to us on vlans 100 and 200.

This service is currently terminated on a 7200, and in the past I've
used bridge-groups to accomplish the task, however we're expecting an
increase in bandwidth demand at layer 2, and I'd like to intercept the
service with a Catalyst 3550.

What would be the safest way to bridge 2 vlans together for a customer
on a 3550?   Would it be prudent to disable spanning tree entirely on
this device ?

Thanks!

--
Jay Greenberg