[c-nsp] T3 with unavailable seconds but no errors

James Sneeringer jsneeringer at jupiterimages.com
Fri Nov 10 17:28:30 EST 2006

We have a 7204VXR with one PA-T3+ running 12.2(2)T. We're seeing
moderate (under 20%) packet loss that appears to be due to unavailable
seconds I'm seeing on the controller. However, the controller is not
indicating any actual errors or alarms.

C7204VXR# show controller serial 3/0
   Framing is c-bit, Clock Source is Line
   Bandwidth limit is 44210, DSU mode 0, Cable length is 10
   rx FEBE since last clear counter 956505, since reset 13909242
   Data in current interval (690 seconds elapsed):
     0 Line Code Violations, 0 P-bit Coding Violation
     0 C-bit Coding Violation
     0 P-bit Err Secs, 0 P-bit Sev Err Secs
     0 Sev Err Framing Secs, 31 Unavailable Secs
     0 Line Errored Secs, 0 C-bit Errored Secs, 0 C-bit Sev Err Secs
   Total Data (last 3 15 minute intervals):
     0 Line Code Violations, 0 P-bit Coding Violation,
     0 C-bit Coding Violation,
     0 P-bit Err Secs, 0 P-bit Sev Err Secs,
     0 Sev Err Framing Secs, 96 Unavailable Secs,
     0 Line Errored Secs, 0 C-bit Errored Secs, 0 C-bit Sev Err Secs

Any thoughts on what might be causing this condition?

-James

--
James Sneeringer                   JupiterImages Corp
Network/Phone Engineer             a division of Jupitermedia Corp