[c-nsp] T3 with unavailable seconds but no errors

James Sneeringer jsneeringer at jupiterimages.com
Fri Nov 10 20:15:22 EST 2006

On 11/10/2006 6:38 PM, Jared Mauch wrote:
> 	do you have visibility on the other end of the link as well?

Not direct, it's an AT&T Internet access circuit.

> 	i see a few things above that make me wonder some stuff.
>
> 	1) cable length, likely not it, but something to perhaps check
> on.

New problem on a circuit that's been in service for 4 years. Cabling is
not easily addressed since the router and the demarc are not in the same
place. Would the cable length setting be a factor? I thought it really
only mattered if it was over 450 feet, and otherwise didn't need to be
especially accurate.

> 	2) timing, is the far side set for line as well?  are you
> supposed to be taking network timing, or internal?

We are receiving clock from the network:

cable type : T3  cable, received clockrate 44201430

> 	3) it shows you're getting FEBE (Far End Blocking Errors) on
> the link.  You may want to check into that as well, it could be bad
> hardware or cabling or many things.

Someone else suggested in private that FEBE could indicate framing
mismatch. It sounds like it's more of a general error.

Is the fact that I'm taking unavailable seconds, but not and errored
seconds on the DSU significant?

Thanks for the feedback.

-James