[c-nsp] 7600 as a switch

Sargon cisco at aitg.net
Mon Nov 13 15:56:16 EST 2006

On Monday, 13 November 2006 14:30, Gert Doering wrote:

> (Supposedly Force10 is also building *very* nice L2+L3 devices -
> anyone having experience with their L3 side of things...?)

At a previous employer (I left there three months ago), one of our
upstreams used them. The software was very buggy. We had our peering
session bounce every four-to-five weeks. The RSP in the F10 failed
over for no apparent reason, and F10 was unable to find the cause.
The upstream's engineers were loading new code within a couple of
weeks of each bounce (supposedly to fix the problem), which meant
another bounce.

The F10 stuff looks good on paper, but it wasn't so good for us as a
customer.