[c-nsp] MPLS questions

nasir.shaikh at bt.com nasir.shaikh at bt.com
Fri Nov 17 12:02:06 EST 2006

Hi,

I have the following issue:

                          Global Network

                               ^

                              ^^^^

                Site A         HQ        site B

  -------      --------      -------     -------     --------

 |Cust L3|----| My 6504|----|My 6509|---|My 6504|----|Cust L3|

  -------      --------  |   -------  |  -------      -------

                         V            V

                       Fibre        fibre

I have plenty of experience in Enterprise networks but have joined a SP
recently so MPLS stuff is a bit new to me. Please bear with me if my
questions seem a bit simple.

The current setup has dual 6504s on the sites and dual 6509 / sup720s a
the HQ locations. There is direct fibre connection between them and I am
running OSPF on the network (there are other sites connecting to HQ
also). The idea is to implement MPLS at the HQ site and vrf-lite on the
remote sites to support separate divisions of the same customer at the
same site. As this is not a standard CE>PE>P setup, I am a bit confused.
Should I consider the 6509s as the collapsed MPLS backbone. Am I then
correct in assuming that there will not be actually any label swapping?

Can I also have EoMPLS between siteA and siteB over the same
infrastructure (there is a single fibre between the sites and HQ)?

Is AToM the answer to the questions?

A push in the right direction (config examples) would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nash