[c-nsp] RPR+ restrictions

Sukumar Subburayan sukumars at cisco.com
Mon Nov 20 10:15:49 EST 2006

The simplest thing you can do is to have a Gigabit channel between the sup
uplinks and connect it to your backbone. So, when one sup fails the other
sup takes over and the 2nd port in the channel on the newly active sup is
still connected to the backbone.

Also, note that although MPLS doesn't support SSO/NSF, it doesn't mean
that the system will go to RPR+ mode. It means that MPLS protocol related
stuff will not be stateful. All other SSO/NSF supported features will be
stateful.

sukumar