[c-nsp] How does IOS do loadshaing with ECMP?

Joe Shen sj_hznm at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Nov 20 09:45:08 EST 2006

I work with a Catalys6509 which has just been upgraded
from MSFC2 to Sup720.

There are eight equal cost paths to a same IP address
in routing table. Before upgrading, if I send packets
from a PC to that IP address, the packets are
transferred to destination through the same path.
But, after upgradation I noticed packets with the same
(src_ip, dst_ip) is transferred through different
path. where can i found detailed explanation on how
ios do with this?

my configuration :

mpls ldp logging neighbor-changes
mls ip cef load-sharing full simple
mls aging fast time 10
mls aging normal 64
mls flow ip full
no mls flow ipv6
mls nde sender version 5
mls sampling packet-based 64 8192
mls qos aggregate-policer shidao 260000000 130000
130000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop
mls qos
mls cef error action freeze

rgds.

joe