[c-nsp] GRE Tunnel interfaces in MPLS VRF

Zahid Hassan zhassan at gmx.net
Mon Nov 20 16:25:20 EST 2006

Dear All,

I am having to configure a GRE tunnel between a
Cisco 2600 and SUP-720 acting as MPLS PE.

              GRE
CE (2600) <--------> PE (SUP-720)

The tunnel interface on the SUP-720 is in a VRF and I can connect
to the other interfaces connected locally on the same PE from the CE.

However, I am not being able connect to any other interfaces on the
 same VRF which are configured on any other PE routers.

So basically I can only connect to routes which are local to the PE where
the GRE tunnel terminates.

Here is my config:

PE (SUP-720)
!
interface Tunnel1
 ip vrf forwarding test
 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.252
 ip mtu 1460
 keepalive 10 3
 tunnel source 219.168.33.6
 tunnel destination 211.151.241.108
 tunnel mode ipip
 end
!
CE (2600)
!
interface Tunnel1
 ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.252
 ip mtu 1460
 keepalive 10 3
 tunnel source 211.151.241.108
 tunnel destination 219.168.33.6
 tunnel mode ipip
 end
!

Also I am seeing packets hitting the CE from the PE but not getting back to
the PE.
I am running OSPF over the tunnel and I have all the necessary routes in
place.

Has anyone experienced anything similar ?

Any help or input will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Zahid