[c-nsp] Separating internal/customer routes into IGP/EGP

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Fri Nov 24 01:59:13 EST 2006

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006, Jee Kay wrote:
>     C1---C3
>    /| \ / |\
> PE1- |  X  | -PE2
>    \| / \ |/
>     C2---C4
>
> Here, PE1 is a peers with C1/C2 and is an RR client of both. PE2 peers
> with C3/C4 and is an RR client of both. However, C3/C4/PE2 never learn
> PE1s routes, and vice versa in the other direction.

This would be exactly the problem you'd see if yum had the same
cluster-ID for C1/C2 and C3/C4 as C3/C4 would think the received route
was looped from the same cluster and reject it.  If you've made sure
this isn't the problem..

Have you checked whether C1/C2 advertise the prefixes, or is it that
C3/C4 reject the received prefix?  That might give ideas whether the
issue is in C1/C2 or either of C1/C2 | C3/C4. If the next-hop isn't
unresolvable, I'd first look at C1/C2 configuration.