[c-nsp] Provider border box

Konstantin Barinov sbr at infonet.ee
Sat Nov 25 07:52:33 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm seeking an advise from community - what to choose as a ISP border?
Now we have 7600/SUP2/MSFC2 as primary, and are generally happy with it.
Our secondary is very old and needs replace, it can not handle our traffic.
Idea is to move current primary to backup and buy new box, which could work
at last next 2-3 years without major upgrades. Our progress is about 300M/year.

Current 7600 now handles 1G of IPT traffic, and this gig is full. Upgrade
to 2G etherchannel to our upstream is very close. Of course current
7600 does bgp/eigrp, some access-lists, and service-policy on input and
output traffic.

I'm thinking about something with SUP720-3B(XL) as a new router.
Maybe community has other ideas? And of course price is important -
will be good to fit into $40-50K.

Thank you!

br
--