[c-nsp] Separating internal/customer routes into IGP/EGP

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 09:04:31 EST 2006

On 25/11/06, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) <oboehmer at cisco.com> wrote:
> Well, you could build hierarchical RR, i.e. C1 and C3 are RR-clients of
> C2, but why do you want to do this? It just complicates things. I'd just
> fully-mesh the RRs, and you're done.

The main reason was to keep the iBGP peerings consistant with our
physical infrastructure - to peer C1 with C3 the traffic actually goes
through C2 which, while I can't put my finger onto something and say
'this would break under these circumstances', it feels distinctly
fragile :)

But for now it'll have to do.... might try layered RRs at some stage though :)

Thanks,
Ras