[c-nsp] BRI MPPP Scenario

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Sat Nov 25 03:19:17 EST 2006

cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net <> wrote on Friday, November 24, 2006
10:16 PM:

> Guys, I need a bit of opinion if below is technical possible:
>
> We are going to arrange a *video conference* and due to
> restrictions in the
> hotel we can only use BRI's. We have planned it this way to
> achieve 512kbps.
> We would *want* to bundle all those 4 BRI's under one Dialer (which
> is possible) -
>
> RTR -A  ---------4 BRI--------   RTR-B
>
> Only issue i can think of is all 4 BRI have different numbers - When
> we configure Dialer we give one phone number or other (if first
> is busy * this point i am confusing) - is there any way i can define 4
> different number so that all 4 are connected under one MPPP interface.

yes, just configure a single dialer profile and add four "dialer string"
entries. This might delay the call setup a bit (as, by default, the
Dialer will start with the first dialer-string and move on to the next
one if the call fails to connect), but this might not be a problem in
your situation as you'll likely have the four BRI's connected all the
time.
If you are concerned, you could use the "dialer order [sequential |
round-robin | last-successful]" command to change this behavior.

	oli