[c-nsp] Provider border box

Joe Provo jzp-cnsp at rsuc.gweep.net
Sat Nov 25 17:51:34 EST 2006

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 12:15:01AM +0200, Konstantin Barinov wrote:
[snip]
> What about Sup32? It is a sweet piece of hardware, primarily because
> of large buffers per port. Maybe there are some limitations I'm not
> aware about?

TCAM doom unless you want to replace it relatively soon.  Unless you
have a raging need for TDM interfaces, stick with your familiar type
of hardware.   You might want to consider a CTMP upgrade of the sup2
box to a sup720 and better balance your 'primary' and 'backup'
caapcity.

I'm sorry you're using EIGRP; we all haveour crosses to bear.

--
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE