[c-nsp] Power Problems - 6509

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Mon Nov 27 09:23:15 EST 2006

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Paul Stewart wrote:

> The mode is redundant but if the power gets much lower, will the power
> "split" between the power supplies giving up redundancy or what will the
> outcome be?

It _might_ split for now, but be prepared for the possibility of strange
things happening, like modules shutting down on their own.  You may also
get warnings that the chassis can't supply all of the requested power, so
some modules will not be energized.  The slots are normally energized in
numerical order, so whatever modules you have at the end will not get
powered up if you're short on juice.

If/when you upgrade to Sup720s, I believe those slots will get priority
on power since nothing else will come up if the sups can't be energized.

jms