[c-nsp] 3560 and Nortel IP phones

Joel Perez tman701 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 22:11:43 EST 2006

Hey Guys,

I have a slight problem and was wondering if anybody out there has
experienced this also and might be able to offer a solution.

I am used to setting up Cisco IPT and CCM solutions on a small scale.
Nothing fancy, but I know how to do it anyway.
I was just given a VoIP project but with a Nortel MG1000 and several
1120/1140E phones.

My problem is the following. Right now we are testing the phones by
configuring them manually. If I add the Voice/Data vlan info manually to the
phones they can't find the server to register to. However, If I remove the
Voice vlan from the phone then they find the server. The data vlan setting
has no bearing on it right now. The server resides on the the same data
vlan.
I am connecting everything to a 3560 switch, I would appreciate any help.
Below are two examples of my config that I have tried. I have tweaked it
here and there but nothing seems to work.

Cisco IOS Software, C3560 Software (C3560-IPSERVICES-M), Version
12.2(25)SEB4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

show vlan
VLAN Name                             Status    Ports
---- -------------------------------- --------- ----------------------------
40   Voice                            active    Fa0/9, Fa0/10, Fa0/11,
Fa0/12

interface FastEthernet0/9
 switchport access vlan 10
 switchport mode access