[c-nsp] Metro Ethernet Switch

Swaroop Potdar Swaroop.Potdar at Corliant.com
Tue Oct 3 09:54:34 EDT 2006

Hi Markus,

For what functional purpose you are looking at 4500, as a UPE or NPE.
This would be the deciding factor. And if you are planning to deploy
Triple Play Services, then want you to consider that 4500 doesnt support MVR.
This is the last I am aware of 4500 from our last poject.

May be 7609 for NPE would be really good.
More infor would be appreciated.

HTH-Cheers,
Swaroop

	-----Original Message-----
	From: markus mayer [mailto:tryitfirst at googlemail.com]
	Sent: Tue 10/3/2006 7:02 PM
	To: cisco-nsp
	Subject: [c-nsp] Metro Ethernet Switch

	Hi,

	any one can suggest a switch for metro ethernet deployment.

	my requirements are:
	100 to 200 SFP ports  minimum 2 10 Gig ethernet ports.
	more than 127 spanning-tree instance
	802.1s , 802.1w/d
	more than 64K mac-addresses
	q-in-q
	4095 VLAN ids and active vlans.
	Privat vlan support
	IGMP v2 and V3
	Layer 2 QOS

	I have found the c4503 and c4506, but i do not know which supervisor card i
	need to get the above requirements.

	Has any one experience with the c4500 series with such a installation?
	Maybe someone has a better suggestion?

	Thanks Markus