[c-nsp] LAC in IP and LNS in MPLS network

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Oct 4 08:53:14 EDT 2006

Well, I would put it as simple as this: As long as you have IP
connectivity between the LAC in your network and the LNS in the other
network, you can establish an L2TP tunnel. Your sister company needs to
evaluate how to establish this connectivity (below is one option to do
this if the LNS is indeed reachable in the global routing table of the
MPLS network), and they also need to evaluate what to do with your
sessions..

Can you explain what you're trying to do in a broader sense? Provide
access for your dialin users, I reckon, but access to what? Your own VPN
within the MPLS domain? Other VPNs?

	oli

Swaroop Potdar <mailto:Swaroop.Potdar at Corliant.com> wrote on Wednesday,
October 04, 2006 2:43 PM:

> Hmm...this changes the thing a little, and if we had this explanation
> before we could have saved some bandwidth. :-)
>
> Ok now this can be achieved by doing a route leak between the Global
> and VRF table. Although such a thing is not recommend for vast
> implementation, but can be surely
> adopted as both are your domains, and its a fixup solution
> for your organization only.
>
> For the route leak part you will need to add two static routes.
> 1) VRF static route for your VRF pointing to the LNS IP address.
> 2) For reverse route normal IPV4 route pointing back to the PE-CE
>    link where your CE is connected, and the same advertised
> in your global table.
>
> HTH-Cheers,
> Swaroop

Wed