[c-nsp] static route across LACP link

A. Li da5id79 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 6 18:18:15 EDT 2006

Greetings

I have a /30 assigned to me by my provider. I've assigned my end of the link
(192.168.1.2) to Vlan20, and I'm able to ping their end of the link
(192.168.1.1) when I place my uplink into vlan20. My default route is via
192.168.1.1.

Now I have added a second 3650 switch, connected via LACP to the first. What
I had intended to do was to set the default route on the new switch to be
192.168.1.2 (my end of the /30), where in turn it would be handed off to
192.168.1.1. However, when I do so, and then do show ip route, I'm unable to
see the default route in the route table. I also can't ping my end of the
/30 that lives on the first switch from the new 3650.

The etherchannel works without issue for passing vtp, cdp, traffic for all
of my other vlans, except for vlan20. The etherchannel is a trunk link; vlan
20 is enabled on the trunk, and it's not being pruned by vtp.

My questions:

A - I assume this is happening because I don't have an L3 interface for
vlan20 on the 3650. So although I do have a default route, it is pointing to
an address that I do not now how to get to. However, if this is the case,
I'm not sure how to get around it. This is a /30, and the other IP address
belongs to my ISP.

B - If this is the case, I am not sure why?

Thank you.