[c-nsp] ISG and HTTP redirection

Aleksey V Fedorov alexf at vsi.ru
Wed Oct 11 02:13:47 EDT 2006

Hi!

Permanent L4redirect will cause very high CPU usage.
Because L4 redirect is a translation and all of these
packets are punted to RP on a 10K.  Cisco recommand using
other means to do permanent l4redirect, for instance using
PBR.

With L4redirect turned on for 500 sessions we achieve:
c10008-a77#sh processes cpu | i CPU
CPU utilization for five seconds: 84%/74%; one minute: 75%; five minutes: 78%

while without L4redirect CPU util is about 0%.

--
Aleksey V. Fedorov <alexf at vsi.ru>  AVF12-RIPE
Phone: +7(0732)531789, +7(0732)001390