[c-nsp] QoS/NBAR 7200 for L2TP ADSL

Alex alex.cf+c-nsp at netsumo.com
Mon Oct 16 06:14:35 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm currently having much fun and games trying to get QoS working (inbound) on a 7200. The aim is to
limit the overall DSL load to 6mbit in total, but excluding some protocols/IPs. This bit's fine,
I've got that config working, but as the packets are L2TP, the filtering isn't working at all.

Topology is as follows:

l2tp feed (Vlan) ------|

                       7200

uplink to core --------|

We have been trying to work out the best solution to get around this and have finally got a bit
stuck. The solution doesn't have to be clean, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex.