[c-nsp] QoS/NBAR 7200 for L2TP ADSL

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Oct 16 09:49:06 EDT 2006

Alex <mailto:alex.cf+c-nsp at netsumo.com> wrote on Monday, October 16,
2006 3:08 PM:

> Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
>> Alex <mailto:alex.cf+c-nsp at netsumo.com> wrote on Monday, October 16,
>> 2006 2:54 PM:
>>
>> Well, then apply the policy inbound on your core-facing interface to
>> limit the download.. Or am I missing something?
>

> We've tried adding this to the Vlan on the core side, but it
> errors saying that shape average isn't
> supported in output direction on this interface (output).
>
> policy-map dsl-child-policy
>    class dsl-a
>      priority 4000
>    class dsl-b
>      priority 1000
>    class dsl-c
>      bandwidth remaining percent 1
> policy-map dsl-policy
>    class class-default
>      shape average 6000000
>     service-policy dsl-child-policy
>
> Above is the policy config. oh, the core side is a 6500 720-3bxl, the
> 7200 is a G1

the LAN cards on a 6500 only support policing (you need the extra
buffers on OSM/Flexwan/SIP to do shaping). And you can't apply this
inbound on the 7200 as inbound shaping is not supported anywhere (?) at
the moment, so you need to turn this into a policer.

But I'm not sure what you want to achieve. Limit the overall BW to
6Mbit, and within this 6Mbit do preferred treatment for some traffic
type? In the original post, you mentioned 6Mbit + some addlt. BW for
extra traffic/IP.. can you pls clarify?

	oli