[c-nsp] 837 working config on French Telecom ADSL

William willay at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 02:48:03 EDT 2006

Hi list,

I'm currently in a painful situation of configuring a Cisco 837 ADSL
router remotely so that it functions on a ADSL connection provided by
French Telecom (FT).

At the moment ATM0 is currently showing as down/down, according to
various documents on The Internet this could be down to the line not
being activied or plugged in. However, I'm unsure if I've got the
settings correct that would give me a carrier detect signal. I'm
having difficulty finding docs on what settings FT would use for their
connection aswell.

If anyone has got a working 837 config on FT would they be so kind to
pass me on the juicy details I'll need to get it working?

Kind regards,

Will