[c-nsp] BGP on 6506/Sup720-3B will not filter outbound

Jason Gintert jason at fidelityaccess.com
Mon Oct 23 10:25:35 EDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Tinka [mailto:mtinka at africaonline.co.zw]
Sent: Mon 10/23/2006 10:11 AM
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Cc: Jason Gintert
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] BGP on 6506/Sup720-3B will not filter outbound

On Monday 23 October 2006 15:50, Jason Gintert wrote:

>>  route-map BGP-Prefixes-Provider-UP permit 10
>>   match ip address prefix-list Customer-A Customer-B Customer-C

> I don't see a 'set' command for this one, so why don't you
> consolidate these with your other prefixes for outbound prefix-list
> filtering?

I did so for differentiation of customers.  I can keep each customer in their own prefix-list which makes things a little more modular for automation of tasks.

I have also consolidated all prefixes into one and added that as an outbound prefix-list.  No go.

>> When that didn't work I replaced the route-map with:
>>
>>  neighbor XX.XX.XX.209 distribute-list ALL-PREFIXES out

> Shouldn't that be 'prefix-list'? IIRC, 'distribute-list' would be an
> older method that used ACL's.

I tried it both ways.  You can only use one or the other so this output was from the time I tried 'distribute-list' instead.  Sorry I did not include trying with the prefix-list out.