[c-nsp] Article: Beware of counterfeit Cisco gear

Skeeve Stevens skeeve at skeeve.org
Tue Oct 24 10:08:23 EDT 2006

One of my suppliers ended up with a 877W fake and showed it to me the other
day.

It just looked NQR.. With the top glossy and basically a little unfinished
if that makes sense, but it was damn close.

Apparently when you boot the device the boot message was saying that it was
fake equipment.

Anyone know what sort of things are being faked?  Just CPE's and WIC's?  Or
is the medium gear... 7200's, 7300's, 3750's, and the big 7600, 6000's and
so on also being faked?  Is it just the quick moving small kit?

...Skeeve