[c-nsp] My Tech Support nuisance

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Oct 25 17:40:04 EDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 10:30:26PM +0200, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> Does anyone know the reason why My Tech Support (the customized Cisco
> support portal): http://tools.cisco.com/Support/mytechsupport/index.jsp
> won't allow my browser (IE6) to remember the user+pswd sequence?  The
> site is tools.cisco.com and the realm is "CCO
> Support-mytechsupport[13:26:47:4777]", and since they inject the time
> inside the realm, every new login will not match.  Why does Cisco have to
> inject the time into this?  Very annoying.

	this is part of the siteminder approach to the world.  idiotic
but nobody at cisco listens to complaints about CCO, even when it's in the
16th annual customer satisfaction survey.  I suggest listing this as a
reason you're not purchasing from them anymore, perhaps that will
get their attention.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net