[c-nsp] Bonding ADSL

Chris Cappuccio chris at nmedia.net
Fri Oct 27 20:16:32 EDT 2006

Paul Stewart [pstewart at nexicomgroup.net] wrote:

> When I did try it on the 1811, traffic would pass "partially" but then
> stop working all together.... was kind of hoping someone had a "stock
> config" they could share on this...

Here's what I use on the provider side.  I can dig up the customer config
as well but it is basically just an even simpler variation of this and, IIRC,
does not use Virtual-Template.  The only reason I use Virtual-Template here
is that IOS 12.2S won't let me put any other type of interface into the
'encap aal5mux ppp ...' otherwise I'd just tell it to use Multilink1!

I've only had one customer who ever wanted this, and they stopped using it
quite a while ago in favor of multilink over T1.  But, it worked as you
would expect any multilink to work.  It has been a while, and I can't quite
remember if I put the IP address on the Multilink1 interface or on the
Virtual-Template.  If it's like any other multilink, then the IP would
go on Multilink1...

interface Multilink1
 description XYZ Corp Multilink
 no ip address
 ppp multilink
 multilink-group 1
!
interface Virtual-Template6
 description XYZ Corp Multilink Template
 no ip address
 ppp multilink
 multilink-group 1
!
interface ATM3/0.1117 point-to-point
 description XYZ Corp xxx-01
 pvc 1/230
  ubr 1536
  oam-pvc manage
  encapsulation aal5mux ppp Virtual-Template6
!
interface ATM3/0.1178 point-to-point
 description XYZ Corp xxx-02
 pvc 1/291

--
A novice was trying to fix a broken Lisp machine by turning the
power off and on.  Knight, seeing what the student was doing,