[c-nsp] Deaf Cisco hardware

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Oct 28 07:33:43 EDT 2006

Hi,

> Don't forget to mention that a large number of 1U devices are actually
> slightly wider than 19 inch when the ears are mounted.  And as such require
> force to get into the rack, and out of it...

not to mention that they also change how much the devices protrude from
the rack when using the mounting kits. I think theres almost an extra
inch of front lost on a 2960 compared to 2950 series. This means moving
the vertical mounting bars backwards in cabs which you were 'okay with'
before if you still want e.g. your fibre to be okay.

alan