[c-nsp] Deaf Cisco hardware

Adrian Minta adrian.minta at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 13:13:51 EDT 2006

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> not to mention that they also change how much the devices protrude from
> the rack when using the mounting kits. I think theres almost an extra
> inch of front lost on a 2960 compared to 2950 series. This means moving
> the vertical mounting bars backwards in cabs which you were 'okay with'
> before if you still want e.g. your fibre to be okay.
>
> alan
Yes ! The mounting of 2950 and 2960 series really, _really_ suck !
Sometimes moving the vertical mounting bars is not an options ...  then
the hammer will be your friend :(
The mounting system for 7200 NPE-G1 is also a tricky one. The router is
very heavy, but the whole weight is resting on two tinny screws.

I guess any data center should have a mechanical shop and every sysadmin
a big hammer :)

--
Best regards,
Adrian Minta