[c-nsp] Deaf Cisco hardware

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Sat Oct 28 13:53:56 EDT 2006

adrian.minta at gmail.com (Adrian Minta) wrote:

> Yes ! The mounting of 2950 and 2960 series really, _really_ suck !
> Sometimes moving the vertical mounting bars is not an options ...  then
> the hammer will be your friend :(

The problem with all Cisco 1RU gear is that they buy cheap housings.
No pre-drilled sockets, only holes and self-cutting screws.

If you only have to install one box, you may live with it, but if
you, like I had to, have to mount like 50 boxes, it really really
sucks big time.

Netscreen (now Juniper), APC, Cyclades, probably others too, do
much much better there. Real tiny screws, but with proper socketing.
Go in easily, everything fits. Shiny.

> The mounting system for 7200 NPE-G1 is also a tricky one. The router is
> very heavy, but the whole weight is resting on two tinny screws.

I prefer 7603/6503, you have four screws there ;)

Yours,
	Elmi.

--

"Hinken ist kein Mangel eines Vergleichs, sondern sollte als wesentliche
 Eigenschaft von Vergleichen angesehen werden."       (Marius Fränzel in desd)