[c-nsp] Route redirection issues

Vibesku dario_donsion at yahoo.es
Sun Oct 29 10:34:14 EST 2006

Hi all,

I need help to confiugure the next scenario:

            |--ATM0/0.0--|                     |- ATM0/0.0--|

Router--|                   |--ATM Cloud--|                   |--Cisco
Switch

      |     |--ATM0/0.1--|                     |--ATM0/0.1--|

      | FastEthernet

    [ LAN]

I need to route traffic from LAN to the Cisco Switch using two interfaces

(ATM0/0.0 and ATM0/0.1), one PVC in each sub-interface, ATM0/0.0 as the

principal interface and ATM0/0.1 as the back-up (only working if the

other fails).

The Cisco Router has more interfaces so I need to re-route traffic from

the LAN Fast Ethernet to the ATM ones.

I can use route-maps to redirect the traffic from FasEthernet to one ATM

sub-interface but how can I use another ATM sub-interface as backup

redirecting traffic from the FE to this backup if the principal fails?

Best regards,

   Dario D.