[c-nsp] Same IP on two interfaces?

Siva Valliappan svalliap at cisco.com
Mon Oct 30 16:42:31 EST 2006

if it's a single device to single device you could look at some kind of
interface aggregation technique like etherchannel.  depending on your
platform / interface, you can choose between Etherchannel, ATM IMA,
POS bundling, etc.

otherwise -

if you are using a L3 switch.  then you could bring in the traffic on a
SVI and just use 1 IP address on the SVI.

if you are using multiple WAN p2p links, then you could always unnumber
your interface to the loopback.

cheers
.siva