[c-nsp] BGP/IGP archiecture

Matt Liotta mliotta at r337.com
Wed Sep 6 13:59:00 EDT 2006

I have two locations that are each running multiple BGP peers.
Originally, the second location was just for backup, but over time we
started using the routes at the second location to improve our
performance. The problem is that currently all traffic flows through the
first location to get to the second location. These two edge locations
are connected to several 6500s using a full Ethernet mesh that aggregate
all of our traffic. What is the best way to allow the 6500s to do
best-exit routing?

Right now I am looking at either doing an IBGP mesh or aggregating into
our existing OSPF cloud. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

-Matt