[c-nsp] IOS image for 3640 w/ DS3 module

Thomas Renzy trenzy at symantec.com
Fri Sep 8 19:27:41 EDT 2006

Mark,

Are you seeing a controller interface on your router? From the controller
interface, you should be able to configure whatever the size of your DS-3.

>From my config:

card type t3 1 (or whatever slot your T3 card is plugged into)

controller T3 1/0
(From here you should be able to configure what you need to.)

Hope this helps.

Thomas

On 9/8/06 2:47 PM, "Mark Hinkle" <hinkman at hinkman.com> wrote:

> After some testing, we are seeing that current IOS images for our 3640
> are not *fully* supporting the our DS3 module (seeing partial b/w). It
> is our understanding that the 3640 did fully support the DS3 in older
> versions of IOS. The oldest version that Cisco is able/willing to
> provide is 12.2(11) - image file c3640-js-mz.122-11.YT2.bin - but this
> still exhibits the problem.
>
> If someone has an older image version that supports full-rate DS3, it
> would be greatly appreciated. Please email me off list. Thanks in advance.

Thomas Renzy
IT Global Network Services
Symantec Corporation
Office: +650-527-4734
Mobile: +650-248-1099
Fax: +650-527-2034

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former." - Albert Einstein