[c-nsp] Cat4500, txQueueNotAvail

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Sun Sep 10 22:32:26 EDT 2006

Hiya,

I'm poking a catalyst 4500 w/ sup4 and a whole lot of QoS voice configuration
which I think was all done via auto-qos. I'm trying to debug a problem where
the mad rush of 9am windows logins all end up with slow/non-functional.

(It indeed is possible that the filer just isn't up to the task; but i'd like
to eliminate any possible involvement the network layer has.)

The one thing I've not found any documentation on this, from
show platform cpu packet statistics:

Packets Dropped In Hardware By CPU Subport (txQueueNotAvail)

CPU Subport  TxQueue 0       TxQueue 1       TxQueue 2       TxQueue 3
           0               0               0         1992033             181

(tx-queue 2 being the drop-point for dscp 0.)

Whats txQueueNotAvail actually referring to?

Thanks,

Adrian