[c-nsp] WCCPv2 Cisco 7600 + mask assignment problems

Mark Pace Balzan mpb at melitacable.com
Mon Sep 11 01:35:08 EDT 2006

Steven,

My 0.02...

As far as I know C7600 will support various combinations of L2/GRE
forwarding and hash/mask assignment for WCCP v2. I assume you are
running 12.2SXF?  WCCP is negotiated between 7600 and your squid.  So if
squid doesn't support MASK (afaik it does not, but may be wrong), then
7600 will fallback to HASH. Same for L2/GRE.  Note that on 7600, the
L2/MASK combination is supported fully in hardware in the PFC, while
other combinations result in various levels of software forwarding via
the MSFC, which is when you need to keep a watch on the CPU of your 7600

Hope this helps