[c-nsp] Cat4500, txQueueNotAvail

Kevin Graham mahargk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 11:50:38 EDT 2006

On 9/10/06, Adrian Chadd <adrian at creative.net.au> wrote:

> * How are the ports on the X4548 grouped?

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/hw_doc/mod_inst/03instal.htm#wp1037611

You can also see this with those ports sharing the same 'gigaport' in
'sh platform mapping ports'.

> * Is there a command to view the traffic/packetcounts on the module; to see whether
>   stuff is being dropped? Or will oversubscribed traffic show up in "show int X counters"
>   somewhere?

I'm sure there's a better way, but you can see raw counters (and the
interface groupings) with 'show platform hardware interface
<type>/<num> statistics; there _might_ be a counter here to track it
(I don't have any overloaded ones, and non-zero stats aren't
displayed).

Switch Phyport Gi5/9 Non-Zero Hardware Statistics
RxIpHeaderGoodPackets                      : 166866
TxBytesQueue0                            : 157587049
TxBytesQueue1                            : 2636638410
TxBytesQueue2                            : 318779
TxBytesQueue3                            : 2399089531

Gigaport31(Gi5/9-16) Non-Zero Hardware Statistics
  RxPackets64               : 4441580
  TxPackets64               : 372554839
  RxPackets65to127          : 16574035
  TxPackets65to127          : 290977259