[c-nsp] PIX logs

Alban Dani albcisco at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 11:46:57 EDT 2006

I am getting an enormous number of logs (several per second)  in my PIX
(running 6.3) as follows:

Sep 11 11:36:59 firewall %PIX-6-106015: Deny TCP (no connection) from
x.x.x.x/23 to x.x.x.x/1952 flags RST PSH ACK  on interface inside
The source of the conversation is a Catalyst 5500 and the destination is a
polling station.

While I understand why the PIX is denying the packets I do not know of a
solution on how to solve this problem.

I have actually 6 switches being polled and only three of them started with
this behaviour over the weekend.

Cisco has send me a solution that tells the PIX not to log the messages
alltogether but I do not like that.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Alban