[c-nsp] Site to Site VPN with PIX 515E

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Tue Sep 12 23:13:55 EDT 2006

You won't need to do any routing, providing the PIXen are the default
gateways for each respective site.

There is one gotcha.  If you are running < 7.0, you will not be able
to access the interfaces directly attached to the PIX.  You'll be
able to access the hosts behind the interfaces, but not the
interfaces directly.  This is due to a u-turn limitation in < 7.0
that doesn't permit IPSec traffic to exit the same interface it
entered on.  Where this becomes annoying is if, say you want to SNMP
poll PIX B from PIX A's site or vice-verse, you won't be able to.